If we’ve learnt one thing from aimlessly scrolling through social media feeds, it’s never underestimate the power of a positive quote.
Peppy phrases pop up frequently online and when done right, they can inject a much-needed surge of motivation or the self-belief to achieve great things.
Maybe your company is facing a disheartening obstacle or perhaps you’re wrestling with the notion of even setting up a business at all - whatever the issue, we’ve got the inspirational quote to push you through. Read on and succeed…
Starting out in business
For many entrepreneurs, simply taking the plunge and starting your business is the hardest thing. How will you support yourself? Will you be able to attract buyers? Could you cope with the crushing humiliation if the whole thing blew up in your face? You’ll never know if you don’t try and hopefully, some of these quotes will provide the incentive you need.
- “Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities.” - Robert H. Schuller
- “The person attempting to travel two roads at once will get nowhere.” - Xun Kuang
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford
- “Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” - Helen Keller
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” - C.S Lewis
- “The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.” - Lao Tzu
- “You have to do what you dream of doing, even while you're afraid.” - Arianna Huffington
- “Opportunities don't happen. You create them.” - Chris Grosser
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." - Mae West
Don’t ditch your idea
Maybe your business has been steadily on the up but now progress has plateaued. Perhaps your idea is struggling to gain traction and you’re thinking about ditching it. Hold up, these wise quotes strongly suggest you stick to your guns…
- “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” - Steve Jobs
- “Fall seven times, get up eight.” - Japanese proverb
- “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” - Estée Lauder
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” - Theodore Roosevelt
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.” - Helen Keller
- “If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” - Dolly Parton
- “Be not afraid of growing slowly; Be afraid only of standing still.” - Chinese Proverb
- “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” - Thomas Edison
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint’, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
Running a successful business often involves taking gambles. These risks may not always pay off or reap game-changing results but these inspiring quotes should fill you with confidence to do the right thing.
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The most successful entrepreneurs I know are optimistic. It’s part of the job description.” - Caterina Fake
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” - Amelia Earhart
- “Chase the vision, not the money - the money will end up following you.” - Tony Hsieh
- “Imagine how we would be if we were less afraid.” - Charlie Mackesy, The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - TS Eliot
Similar to risk taking, embracing new opportunities can deliver significant business benefits, as these quotes will attest…
- “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
- “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognise them.” – Ann Landers
- “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” - Drew Houston
- “Opportunity doesn’t knock twice.” – Proverb
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” - John D. Rockefeller
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” - Winston S. Churchill
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” – Wayne Gretzky
Growing your business
Not every business has to be massive, but expanding your workforce and escalating trade can take your business to the next level.
- “Don't limit yourself. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve.” - Mary Kay Ash
- “We have a long way to go” sighed the boy. “Yes but look how far we have come” said the horse – Charlie Mackesy, The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.'' - Thomas Jefferson
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” - Helen Keller
- “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill
- “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” - Jason Fried
Moving your business into a serviced office can be a key stepping stone in evolving your company, and FigFlex can help you achieve that.
Speak to our team today to find out more.