Our FigFlex centres provide businesses with superb office solutions but they’d be nothing without the dedicated, hard-working teams on the ground, ensuring they operate in tip-top condition.
Mandy Sibley has been invaluable behind the scenes at FigFlex Gloucester for years now. When we managed to grab some time in her busy schedule, we discovered what she loves about her role, her Whitney-level vocal skills, and the best spot for a cheeky post-work cocktail…
- Hi Mandy. The kettle just boiled, you having tea or coffee?
Tea for me. Coffee never sits well on my stomach so if I ever have one, I stick to decaf.
- So what do you get up to at FigFlex Gloucester?
I oversee the smooth running of the centre, ensuring our clients and guests receive excellent service. I also work closely with the local business community and helping to promote Figflex with networking and social media.
- When did you join FigFlex?
July 2017, right off the back of a scorching two-week break in Turkey with my family. My previous roles working within banking and mortgages had prepared me well for my role at FigFlex.
- What do you like best about being a FigFlex Centre Manager?
No two days are the same. I especially love getting to know members within the centre so we can better support them and their business. I always enjoy showing people around too because we’re so proud of our serviced offices and coworking spaces.
- What would you say is the most challenging part of your role?
If my clients aren’t happy, then I’m not happy but sometimes, things can be out of your control; that can be frustrating.
- Outside of FigFlex, where is a good spot to grab some lunch?
We have some amazing cafes and restaurants, especially in the Quays, but one of my favourites is Greek On The Docks. This is a regular place that I like to visit with colleagues, friends and networking connections, at these times I have met the owner, who is always very welcoming as well as the staff
- And how about afterwork drinks?
Settebello is a personal favourite. It’s an Italian restaurant that serves amazing cocktails on the terrace. It’s a fantastic way to relax after a busy day overlooking the water and just a stone’s throw away from FigFlex.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
You can’t beat a good roast beef dinner. I love anything Italian too – I’m a sucker for a barbecue pizza.
- What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
I love travelling to far-flung countries and really immersing myself in their cultures. I’m not into crazy zipwire adventure holidays, but I do like to get out of my comfort zone and in a typical year, I try to get away around three times and next on my wishlist is Machu Picchu in Peru.
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
You can do anything you put your mind to!
- What is the most important thing you have learned in the last five years?
Live life to the full - you only get one life so stay positive. If you get knocked down, get straight back up and keep going - there are people worse off than you out there. Cliché I know but true.
- What’s your favourite movie?
Bridget Jones’ Diary – Renée Zellweger is fantastic in that role.
- How about your favourite band?
Musically, I tend to like anything currently in the charts like Rag’N’Bone Man and Lewis Capaldi.
- What is your hidden talent?
When I’ve had a drink, I sing like Whitney Houston but not many people hear the similarity...
- You can pick any celebrity to be your BFF, who’s your choice?
Probably someone funny like Dawn French. Between her and Jennifer Saunders, I could be their third wheel; I’d be the straight guy.
- Are you a dog or cat person?
Cat definitely. When I was a child, I was bitten by a dog on two separate occasions, so I’m terrified of dogs!
- You’re happiest when?
Spending time with my friends and family and travelling.
- If money was no object, how would you spend the cash?
I’d look after my family - buy a house for my children and make sure my mum lives in the lap of luxury. We’d all jet off on an amazing holiday to a far-flung villa.